Welcome to the Jackson Lions Club
The Jackson Lions Club proudly welcomes you to our website! We have served the community and our world for many decades, and our tradition continues today.
Many people ask, "What is the Lions Club?", and here's the answer in a nutshell: We are a group of committed and dedicated business people from the greater Jackson, California area who share a common belief: that service to others is a high and worthy calling. And we share this view passionately with Lions Club members all over the world. Please visit our Why We Serve page for more information about how the Lions came to be, and other information about our organization.
Here is where you'll find the latest information on our Club's many events and efforts such as Dandelion Days and our 3rd of July Fireworks Spectacular and more. You can find more detailed info on our events and activities on our "Our Programs" page.
Downtown Jackson will overflow with family-friendly fun -- antiques and crafts vendors, two days of live music, pancake breakfast, kids’ carnival, food booths, beer and wine garden – at the Jackson Lions Club’s annual Dandelion Days Street Fair, Saturday and Sunday, March 16 – 17, 2024, 8 am – 5 pm, rain or shine.
Dandelion Days is a major Lions Club fundraiser. It helps to support their Third of July Fireworks Display, Halloween Parade in Jackson, college scholarships for local students, and many other local projects.
- The Lions Club will hold a Pancake Breakfast, starting at 7 am both mornings at the Jackson Civic Center, 33 Broadway, $8/person, kids 12 & under, $5.
- Live music stages, sponsored by the National Hotel and Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort, will be in Petkovich Park and in the Logan’s Alley Beer & Wine Garden (by the creek next to the National Hotel). Music performances for all ages both days include Amador Sons, Sultan of Silly, Tin Dears, Kool Shifters, It’s All Good, Teal Wheels, Doppelganger, Highway Vagabonds, The Blowbacks, She Calls Him Wilson, and Violin on Fire.
- Food booths and the kids’ carnival will be set up between Petkovich Park and the Ledger Dispatch office.
- People attending the event are encouraged to bring used eyeglasses and hearing aids to donate to the Lions Club and can also bring other items that support charitable causes such as pull tabs. Donation table will be near the Lions Club Trailer.
- Free parking with shuttle to Main Street is available in Jackson at the Amador County Administration Building (810 Court Street); Argonaut High School (501 Argonaut Lane); and at the Sutter Hill Transit Center, 115 Valley View Way, Sutter Creek). Free shuttle will be provided by Amador Transit. Paid parking will be available at Grocery Outlet, run by and benefitting the Junior Mustang Youth Football program (no overnight parking there).
- Jackson Main Street and portions of Water Street and Broadway near Petkovich Park will be closed to parking at noon, Friday, 3/15, and to through-traffic from 5 pm Friday until approximately 7 pm, Sunday, 3/17.
- To for more information about the event CLICK HERE.
- 2024 Vendor Spaces have sold out !
December 20, 2023 - About 85 members of the Jackson Lions Club held their annual Christmas luncheon on Wednesday, December 20, at Teresa's Restaurant in Jackson. The group enjoyed a wonderful meal and spent time visiting each other. The luncheon also featured a visit by Santa Claus who handed out gifts to the children who attended. Lion Dave did a great job organizing the event!
September 7, 2023 Jackson Lions Club President Drew Stidger and Jackson Lions Club Membership Chairman Mike Bohl inducted five new members into the Jackson Lions Club during the Annual Presidents BBQ. Welcome Lions Dave Armstrong, Mike Olivarria, Steve Oneto, Robert Bianchi and Tony Moudakis.
The Jackson Lions Club, during a recent special Board of Directors meeting, approved to send $1,000 to the Hawaii Wildfire Relief. Currently, per Lion Todd, CLF (California Lions Foundation) has already raised over $20,000.00 dollars toward this cause/relief fund.
If you would like to contribute to this fund, just click on the "DONATE" button below or thru other avenues described below. The devastating wildfires that have swept through the beautiful landscapes of Hawaii have left families and communities in distress.